Datacenter Engineer, Linux Specialist
Autoliv is seeking an engineer-level IT professional to join its global Data Center (Infrastructure) Engineering team with a focus on Linux server operating system. This position will report the global infrastructure data center engineering manager. This overall team is responsible for designing, optimizing and operating a complex global infrastructure. The high-level technology stack includes: servers, storage, backup, data centers, and related technologies (virtualization, storage fabric, identity, etc.).
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement a standard Linux environment (management platform, patching, etc.)
- As part of the global Data Center Services team, engineer (build, implement) infrastructure solutions, including DR/HA, for existing and new systems in data centers, server rooms, and the cloud.
- Define and implement enterprise standards for data center infrastructure
- Provide LEVEL 3 escalation support to the operations teams (1st level service desk, 2nd level Data Center operations).
- Review and upgrade technical infrastructure at data centers and sites
- Document current and future system landscape, including interfaces. Plan migration of legacy systems to global standards
- Work with large, distributed, global, environments
- Define operational procedures and handover solutions/processes to 2nd/1st level
What is required:
• IT Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Linux server, designing enterprise data center services, architecting/managing server virtualization, enterprise storage, Windows server OS, application and client virtualization; backup, restore, archive data management; cloud services, working in L3 escalation support.
•Fluent conversational English.
• Having flexibility in working hours for being able to support various project activities / conference calls to collaborate with other regions on projects.
What’s in it for you:
•Attractive compensation package
•Flexible Options (schedule, remote work)
•Recognition awards, company events, family events, university discount options and many more perks.
•Gender Pay Equality
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.